Tuesday 13 November 2007

To watch as all things turn to ruin ...

Once again my ability to update the site does not seem to have changed. I seem to do anything to avoid it, which seems to be a recurring theme in my life really.

So what has changed?

Well, pretty much everything. The person that gave Warcraft more meaning to me has left the server on their main, so I guess that puts me another friend down. I've largely stopped enjoying the game, and to that end have left TDD. I don't know what it was, but I always felt kind of stifled, and like I couldn't really be myself there. Asides from the fact I can't agree with some of the decisions that have been made recently, the time it took to make a push to recruit tanks and healers after the problems we've had with them recently, the now weekly decision in Kara to miss out the Maiden because we don't seem to be able to do it and finally, but definitely the last nail in the coffin, bringing up the Black Roses again. Honestly, it was a guild that lasted a few months, and has not been a part of the lives of most of the guild. It's time to get over it!!!

For me, I've moved some characters on slightly, mostly because I'm waiting for 2.3 and it's speed levelling goodness. Grundir is finally in Outland at level 60, and now he's getting an opportunity to build up some rest. Silvena is now level 55, and burning her way towards Outland as well. Most of the rest are still around the level 40 bracket, and as soon as 2.3 hits, then it's full force to move everyone up to 60. The advantage of not having a guild is that you can just go and do whatever it is that matters to you, and at the moment that is more having some fun, rather than the Tier 4 fever that seems to have hit TDD. So I'll plod on and see what it is that keeps me amused in game. It was a revelation to me that I hadn't had any fun for a long time in game, and then I got an invite to a Sethekk Halls run, by two old friends, and suddenly it was a laugh. It wasn't a perfect run by any means, but it wasn't taken too seriously, and that light hearted play is what I miss.

So what of Ren and Morwena, well Ren is pretty much consigned to rep and money grinds, and Morwena, after all the work getting her gear together, has basically been boxed up and put in storage for the time being. Time to see what the world has to offer a serial-leveller. :)

No comments: